Over the last number of weeks I have been introduced to many new and exciting ideas involving technology in the classroom. I have been challenged to reflect on my own personal beliefs regarding technology in school and have explored how it can affect society in both positive and negative ways.
It amazes me to think how fast technology has advanced over the past few years and continues to move forward. These advancements have forever altered the education system and student learning.
I believe that technology can be used to enhance student learning in many ways when used effectively. It can give students the opportunity for creativity, collaboration, exploration and student-led learning. Technology can be used to assist in the teaching process, or as a means of applying what has already been learnt.
Having said that, there are many aspects of technology that teachers must be aware of and acknowledge in their classroom. Topics such as cyber bullying and online respect need to be discussed and talked about at the very beginning of the year, so students know the rules of the classroom and learn how to use technology in a professional and appropriate manner.
In my personal life I have learnt the value of technology as a means of building professional relationships and connections. This is very important in the world of music and education! Connections are wonderful as they may open the door for guest artists, conductors and composers in the classroom.
Overall I am very excited to use technology in the music classroom!
I have enjoyed your blog, Sara, I hope you keep it up.
ReplyDelete